A reduced-carbohydrate approach is at the cutting edge of type 1 nutrition, and with emerging scientific evidence to prove its benefits, it can be an effective way to manage your diabetes. If you want to learn more about lowering your carbohydrate intake and want to do it safely and effectively, our Lower-carb Solution is here to help. Amy Rush CDE/APD will personalise your lower-carb approach for your health and life stage and arm you with two weeks of meal plans.
Initial one hour assessment and diabetes review
- We assess your current diet and a level of carbohydrate intake to suit your lifestyle.
- We delve into your diabetes management and discuss the impact of a lower-carb approach.
- We review carbohydrate counting and your insulin-to-carbohydrate ratio.
30 minute review session one - Explore your new meal plan!
- An introduction to the first week of your meal plan, which includes all breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks.
- All dinner meals are accompanied by recipes with full nutrition panel.
- We discuss any insulin adjustments you may require.
- You head off with your meal plan and complete a one week food and blood glucose diary.
- Opportunities for CGM loans are available for this week.
One hour review session two
- Explore week two of your meal plan.
- We review your food and blood glucose diary from Week 1.
- We look at glycaemic index, fat and protein’s effect on blood glucose on a lower-carb approach.
30 minute review session three
- We review your lower-carbohydrate approach so far and you have the chance to ask any questions about your blood glucose management.
Email support between sessions.
Package price is $500 (valued at $700).
With rebates, your out of pocket costs can be as low as $290!
Medicare and Private Health Rebates May Be Available.
- With a Chronic Disease Management Plan you can claim back $212.
- Private health benefits will vary. Check if your provider covers dietetics appointments.
- Skype consults are not subject to rebates.
Contact Amy at the Family Centre to make an appointment email@example.com.