Dietetics and Diabetes Education Clinic Appointments at the Family Centre
Amy Rush, Accredited Practising Dietitian and Credentialled Diabetes Educator, consults from the Family Centre and is here to help you with nutrition and type 1 diabetes. Amy's clinic is a judgement-free zone, and she will help you feel empowered and confident about food and health choices. Your diabetes goals and health priorities guide Amy's work, and she will support you with the issues that are important to you.
Come and chat with Amy about:
- Carbohydrate counting
- Managing lower carbohydrate approaches and personal dietary preferences
- Impact of glycaemic index, protein and fat on blood glucose
- Managing post meal hyperglycaemia
- Interpreting CGM & flash monitor graphs
- Diet reviews, meal planning & personalised recipes
- Fussy eating
- Coeliac disease and other allergies/intolerances
- Nutrition for sport and exercise
- Weight management
Amy’s clinic is affordable and flexible. Ask your GP about a Chronic Disease Management Plan to subsidize your appointments.
Amy is available to give dietetics advice to all clients with type 1 diabetes, and diabetes education for people with diabetes who are over 16. She also offers clinical support to type 1 family members, tailored to their specific needs.
|Chronic Disease Management Plan||$87||$47|
|Full Fee Paying||$140||$100|
* Private health rebates available